West Shore Village is in currently in a COVID-19 Outbreak
Effective September 30, 2022
- Residents are entitled to Essential Caregivers. Visitors wanting to become an Essential Caregiver are required to submit an Essential Caregiver Designation form to be placed in the residents file.
- Residents on Isolation are only permitted to one Essential Caregiver who must remain in effect for the duration of the isolation period.
- General Visitors must preschedule their visit by calling 905-985-8660.
- Pass active screening.
- Reading and understanding West Shore Village’s current Visitor Policy.
- Wear medical/surgical masks & Eye Protection throughout the visit.
- Watch the following video on correctly wearing PPE.
- Watch the following video on correctly taking off PPE.
- Watch the following video on proper handy hygiene.
- All visitors are required to submit to a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test prior to entry to the home.
Support Workers (Essential Visitor): An essential visitor who is brought into the home when there are gaps in services to perform essential services for the home or for a resident in the home.
Caregiver (Essential Visitor): An essential visitor who is designated by the resident and/or their substitute decision-maker and visits to provide direct care to the resident.
General Visitors (non-essential visitor): Visits to provide non-essential services (may or may not be hired by the home or the resident and /or their substitute decision maker); for social reasons (e.g., family members or friends) and/or a prospective resident taking a tour of the home.
Personal Care Service Providers (non-essential visitor): A personal care service provider is a person who is not an essential visitor and visits to provide personal services to residents such as hair dressing and nail care.
Absences: Please see our policy on Protocols for Resident Absences
Testing Policy: Please see our Testing Policy.
Hard copies of policies and procedures are available upon request.